Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Anna - Age 3

Anna, Anna, Anna....
I've been updating this blog so much about your brothers and this current pregnancy, that I haven't mentioned too much about you. You've gone through a lot of changes this fall and you've been such a trooper about all of them!

First school picture - priceless!

  • You started preschool and you're doing so well!! 
You've been in school for a quarter and a half and I feel like you're already changing so much. You really seem to enjoy school and are always happy to go and have a smile on your face when I pick you up. Daddy and I had your first parent-teacher conference and your teacher had nothing but great things to say about you. You know almost all of your letters, can write your first name, know all of your colors and shapes, and can count objects correctly up to ten. You seem to have Daddy's personality at school - quiet and inquisitive, but that's okay with us. You're social when you're around your friends & cousins outside of school...just like Daddy. :) We're so proud of you and love watching you learn how to make friends and navigate your way through your first year of school. 
  • We've had three babysitter changes since the beginning of the school year.
Due to scheduling issues, we're now on your third babysitter for this school year. I think it was harder on Daddy and I than it was on you. We are really proud of the way you've handled all of the changes and are even more proud of your recent behavior. 
  • Your first haircut!
I trimmed your hair for the first time the other night! I was cutting Daddy's hair and we joked about cutting yours, too, and then we did. I just trimmed an inch or two off the very back and a less on the sides. It was your "first haircut" and you did really well - just sat there for the most part. You can't really tell that I cut it, but your ends were getting pretty nasty, so I'm glad I did it. 
  • I think you're going to be an excellent big sister! 
You've always loved playing with your baby dolls, but lately you've been playing with them a lot more and I think it's because we're talking so much about Brother coming. I can't wait to see the two of you interact together and see how much you love each other. You've been helping Daddy get his room ready and helping me organize his clothes. You love to go shopping for him and always want to pick out cute outfits or fun toys for him. I'm really looking forward to January/February! 

  • You've literally grown so much - you've already grown over an inch since your third birthday and gained over a pound. :)
  • You are slowly getting out of the tantrums and fits that you were having a few months ago....thank goodness! Bed time has been a lot better for you lately. 
  • You love being independent and doing things for yourself - brushing your own teeth, taking a shower by yourself, washing your hair, picking out your clothes every day, getting water from the fridge in your own cup, zipping and buttoning your coats/clothes, packing your lunch...
  • You love listening to the Sing! soundtrack every single day in the car. You love to dance, color, draw, write, and paint. 
  • You're in swimming again this session, but don't seem as into it as in session's passed. I don't know if it's because you have an older, male instructor, or if you really just hate going under water that much, but sometimes you just don't like to go. Typically once you're there, you love it and don't want to leave. Your teacher is wonderful with you, extremely gentle and patient, so I'm tempted to keep you in next session, too. I think it's really good for you, plus it gives you something to do each week. 
You started off three with some not-so-fun behaviors, but you seem to slowly be getting better. It's fun having conversations and playing with you. You're fun to be around and I love watching you grow! ~Love, Mommy (or "momma" as you've been calling me lately)

No comments:

Post a Comment