Monday, January 3, 2011

My First Post!

My name is Colleen, I'm 22 years old and I have Cystic Fibrosis (CF). I was diagnosed with CF at birth and have accepted it as a part of my life. Luckily, I've been very healthy and have not been hospitalized since I was born. Keeping a positive attitude and keeping up with all of my treatments is going to keep up that record, hopefully for years to come!

I love the saying, 'live, laugh, love' and will base my blog off it when I can.

Live: "You were given this life because you are strong enough to live it." One thing you'll learn about me, is I really like quotes. I think this quote is absolutely true. This is the life I was given, and I'm going to live it to the fullest of my ability, because I can! The average life expectancy for a person with CF is late 30s, maybe into the 40s. I am determined to beat that statistic; to live!

Laugh: I laugh at everything! Laughter is the best medicine...it makes me cough! Having a sense of humor is important to me and laughing everyday is a necessity. Joking and laughing with friends and family is the best!

Love: I have lots of love in my life, especially from close friends. I recently got married in October 2010, to my super supportive husband, Tim, and became a part of an extremely loving and supportive family of in-laws! Without happy, supportive, encouraging people surrounding me in my everyday life, living with CF would certainly be a struggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment