I know, I know it's ridiculous to be this excited about having internet again, but I really have missed reading everyone's blogs and keeping up with everyone...pretty much I missed being a "stalker" as my husband calls me. So here's everything that's been going on in the past few weeks:
- I've been stepping up my exercising/running. I can't believe it but my first 5K is about 3 1/2 weeks away! I'm not ready yet, but I'm getting closer. I've been following a 'training schedule for beginners' for the past two and a half weeks and I really hope I'm able to complete the 5K without having to walk.
- Tim celebrated his 26th birthday! Happy birthday, old man! You're now closer to 30 than 20...but I still love you. :)
- I've been trying to apply for teaching jobs like crazy. I say 'trying' because it's really hard to do without home internet so I've been lugging my laptop around town using free wireless when/where I could. I'm excited to finally be able to do that while I'm doing my treatments everyday again because it sure is time-consuming. If you know of any elementary teaching openings, please let me know because I'm applying everywhere.
- We've had some pretty fun days at school over the past week. Last Friday, the staff played a softball game against our high school baseball and softball players as an incentive for students who read a certain amount over the past couple months. The weather was perfect and the kids had a really great time. I played on the team and didn't do too bad myself -- caught two fly balls to end two innings and was 1 for 2 at bat. There was plenty of music and dancing as entertainment, too which was lots of fun. I love the school I work at and wish that I could teach there, but there just aren't any openings.
- Today we had field day at our school where we literally play games all day outside. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect day as far as the weather goes. It was a long day for our 28 five and six year olds, but they did great. Only a few tears were shed and about 10 Band-Aids and many trips to the bathroom later, the kids said they had lots of fun. We also had a station where the kids participated in RIF (reading is fun) where they each got to choose a book to keep forever. How cool is that?! :-)
- We only have about 10 days of school left until summer break and I don't know what I'm going to do with myself this summer! I will be an assistant during our summer school, but that's only for about 5 weeks and only half days. I'll also be tutoring two sisters, but only for two hours a week. I think I'll be spending a lot of time on the hammock with a book this summer. We have one wedding to go to in July, but other than that, we don't have much planned for the summer....just saving our money, I guess.
- I've been feeling great lately! Since I kicked that nasty cold I had, I have been feeling wonderful. I've been keeping active and trying to make sure I'm getting enough rest. My next CF clinic appointment is a month away and I really hope my PFT numbers are up!