Wednesday, May 2, 2012

I'm Still Here!

Wow, I have been feeling so disconnected from the blogging world the past two weeks! Tim and I decided to cancel our TV and internet service because it was getting way too expensive, so we switched providers for TV but have yet to get internet....I never realized how much I followed peoples blogs and liked to write my own!
Things have been okay lately. Unfortunately I'm on my second round of Cipro (oral antibiotic) for the year because I got this nasty chest cold last week. I've been on it for almost a week now and I'm starting to feel better. I haven't been running in about a week and a half because I was feeling so crappy, but as soon as I get home tonight (using the internet at the library) I am forcing myself to go running! I need to get back out there because my 5K is going to be here before I know it...only about 5 or 6 more weeks, yikes! Gotta get my butt back in shape.
I've also been spending my time applying for teaching jobs like crazy! I am so determined to get a teaching job this year, even if it's out of state. I really enjoy what I'm doing now being a teaching assistant, but it just kills me that I still don't have my own classroom yet, so I really hope some luck comes my way this summer. I really don't want to live very far away from our families or my CF clinic, but I'm to the point where I really need to get some teaching experience under my belt and I'm looking everywhere for it. If all else fails, I'll be an assistant next year again, but I'm really hoping for better.

Oh, finally -- May is National Cystic Fibrosis Awareness Month (even though I like to spread awareness year round) and on the OWN network tomorrow (Thursday) May 3rd at 9/8c there will be a documentary called 65_Red Roses about a 23 year old woman named Eva with CF going through the transplant process. Here's the link to the trailer. I am planning on tuning in to learn about another CFer's battle with this disease and I really hope you do, too.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you are a needing Cipro, but hopefully it will make running your 5k much easier with clear lungs!

    It is so hard being a teacher right now. I know how stressful it is and I wish you the best of luck! It is too bad there are so many good teachers out there and so few jobs! It is actually a relief that I don't have to job hunt this year

    ReplyDelete