You are one now! We had your first birthday party on Saturday and I'd say it was a success even though you were way too tired to even enjoy your cake. :)
Its absolutely crazy how fast your first year of life has gone by! I feel like I could go on and on talking about everything that's happened over the last year, but I'm going to try a different method today.
Favorite things to do:
- Walk everywhere, all the time (except in the grass)
- Push your shopping cart that Daddy made you around the house
- Carry anything (especially clothes) around the house with you while you walk
- Go outside
- "Color" with crayons and sidewalk chalk
- Wear sunglasses
- Your receptive language is amazing! You're starting to understand simple directions and you're usually good about following them.
- You also know what many objects/actions are and will get/do them when asked.
- You know several animal sounds - doggy, kitty, duck, cow, bear
- You're starting to point to things and trying to say them. Just today you kept pointing at your balloons and saying 'buh'
- You consistently sign more, please, eat, book, and wave for bye-bye/ni-night
You don't like:
- When things are taken away from you or being told no
- Being held/cuddled as much, unless its bedtime
- Being in your car seat for long periods of time
- Getting your diaper changed
- Baked beans
- Peanut butter on toast
The amount you have changed this year is amazing! Although we've had a few bumps in the road, being your mommy has been the most wonderful gift! I cannot wait to watch you grow up, continue to learn, and play with you. You are one of the happiest kids I know and you bring so much joy to our family! Here's to the next year being even more fun than the first! We love you so much baby girl!!!