Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Summer Time!

I can't believe I've been on summer break for almost three weeks already. I feel like we've been so busy, but haven't accomplished much at the same time.

I think we've been to our local zoo at least twice, checked out a different zoo with cousins, been to the pool twice, set up our own pool last night, and are doing Anna's last session of swim lessons before she moves up to the "big kid" class. We've signed up for two summer reading programs and continue to keep track of Anna's 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten (just finished 500!). We've played and visited with friends a lot and even have gone to a couple "mini camps" at our local nature center.

Anna's at such a fun age this summer! She understands a lot more and is so curious about everything. It's been fun keeping busy with her, but still having some lazy afternoons in between. With the heat we've been taking it easy and staying inside a lot, or in a pool, because I can't stand the heat. Anna doesn't mind to sweat and get dirty, but Mommy's not a fan.

We don't have any huge plans for the summer, not vacations this year. I'm sure most of our summer will be consumed by the above-mentioned things, which is totally fine with me. There are a few things I want to do with her specifically this summer, so we're slowly working on checking things off of that list. Our local moms group also has a town "summer bucket list" of local activities, so we're working on that, too. I love that our town as so many cute little fun things to do for the kids.

I'll definitely be soaking up every minute with my little lady this summer before we both have school in the fall. Since we'll be in the same district, we both start on the same day, meaning I can't bring her to school on her first day! :( Although, I will be able to pick her up! I can't believe she's going to be starting preschool in just two short months, but I'm so excited for her. As much as I know she'll love it, I don't want to rush this summer along any faster than it's already going! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment