Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011: A Year of Reflection & Motivation

I cannot believe that I've had this blog for an entire year now! 2011 has definitely flown by this year - 72 (now 73) posts later, I've learned so much about myself in this year of writing, it has been amazing.

There have been some ups: Helping organize the first annual Great Strides in our town (and huge support from my family, friends, co-workers in raising money), our new apartment, the amazing development of Kalydeco!, we adopted our cat (Archie), celebrating our first wedding anniversary, becoming an aunt for the second time, I became an organ donor, and of course the beginning of a new me: 100% compliance since July 31st (153 days) and the addition of my exercise routine = increased PFTs!

And some downs: Several interviews but no teaching job, lots of doubts/worry about if having a child is the right thing for us - baby w/ CF or not?, and crappy/smoking/nasty neighbors.

But the 'ups' have definitely out-weighed the downs this year, and I cannot complain about that one bit. This has been a wonderful year of reflection and motivation for me and I appreciate all of you reading and commenting on my posts. I can't promise another 70-something posts next year, but I'll try my best. :-)

Goals for 2012:

  • Get my FEV1 into the 90s and keep it there!
  • Complete a 5K
  • Keep forging ahead with our pregnancy discussions                                                                       and maybe become a mommy
  • Find a full-time teaching position
  • Stay as happy and healthy as I am now! :-)

1 comment:

  1. I love your 2012 goals! :) I've enjoyed following your story and look forward to all the coming posts! :)

    ReplyDelete