Saturday, December 14, 2013

Hello Out There

I'm still here! I'm so sorry to neglect this blog recently, but there hasn't been much to talk about or report. Work has been crazy over the past week or so with the end of the quarter and Christmas break approaching. The kids are nuts and I am ready for this next week to be over already! I've been feeling well. Finally back to my normal-self after that nasty bug, or infection, whatever it was, in November.
Christmas parties and madness is in full swing now. We had our staff Christmas party last night, then we have our Christmas program and party with the kids this week.
Tim and I have Christmas with the Veitengruber's next Sunday, then we'll see my parents on Christmas day, and then celebrate with his mom's family the Saturday after Christmas. We're also getting professional family pictures with his mom's side that day. The last time they did that was right after Tim and I met, so I wasn't in them. Since then, there's been four weddings and a few grandchildren for Tim's mom & step-dad, so I guess its time for an update. After next Saturday, things should definitely slow down a bit, thank goodness. As much as I love Christmastime, with the lights, music and decorations, I feel like its way too hard to see everyone (the people get offended) and that people are way too stressed about everything. Its supposed to be a happy time of year, so I try to avoid the stress as much as possible. I've been trying to leave my work at work, surround myself with happy people, listen to calming Christmas music and just relax. What do you like to do when this time of year gets so stressful?

1 comment:

  1. I watch Christmas Movies, do Crafty stuff (for gifts) and drink lots of High Calorie Hot Chocolate. I know what you mean about too many people to see and people getting upset. T-giving was interesting, we had 5 Thanksgivings and some family wasn't too pleased we couldn't come right on time... Its cRaZy~ Christmas will be better, only 2! whew. Cocoa and The Santa Claus (with Tim Allen)- Love It!

    ReplyDelete