Monday, December 30, 2013

In Need of Positive Thoughts

In September, Tim and I attended the wedding of our friends Jessie and Jeremy. Jeremy has cystic fibrosis and is currently in the ICU fighting pneumonia. :( He's been in and out, and not awake very much, and his body is fighting very hard. Jeremy doesn't have the greatest lung function right now, but he has a lot of people thinking of him and fighting with him.
In the fall, he was evaluated for a lung transplant, but was considered too healthy. Since then he's had to have a blood transfusion and hasn't been feeling the best. Now, unfortunately he's battling this pneumonia. Jessie did update me this morning saying he's doing better today than yesterday and that he's fighting so hard...baby steps.
Whatever it is you do - pray, send positive thoughts/vibes- I'd really appreciate any of that for our friend and my fellow fibro, Jeremy, and strength for his wonderful wife, and my good friend, Jessie. I'll update as I get information, but please keep them and their families in your thoughts and prayers during their tough time right now. Thank you!!!

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to read this. It is so hard, when other CFers we love are struggling. I always feel helpless, but just praying, talking/being there for them always helps. I hope Jeremy gets some good news soon. And I hope you and Tim had a nice Christmas Break! Enjoy every bit before you go back to school! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending prayers. I, too, hope Jeremy gets some good news and starts feeling better.

    ReplyDelete