Thursday, January 4, 2018

32 & 33 Weeks

First day of winter break, woke up early with
Daddy so he could get my picture before leaving for work
Thursday, December 21 - 32 weeks
Not too much to report today, other than that shirt barely fits me anymore! Anna had her first dentist visit today and was a total rockstar! No tears and she did everything they asked her to, some of it even with a smile on her face. :) After the dentist, we went to the bank, the library and then out to lunch together.
This afternoon, she took a nice, long nap while I relaxed on the couch. You had the hiccups (again - you get them at least once a day!) and were rolling around quite a bit. I think I had several Braxton Hicks again, but sometimes it's hard to tell if that's what it is, or if it's just you laying/pushing in a weird position. I'm glad I have a doctor appointment tomorrow so they can check you and your growth. I'm going to the local clinic since my regular MFM team isn't in the office on Fridays. I'm curious about what they'll say about everything. I'm on to weekly appointments right now, and starting in January, I'll be going twice a week. As much as it's going to suck driving there and back two times a week, it'll be nice and reassuring to have you monitored so often. Some days I feel like you're due date is so far away, but then other days (like today with the Braxton Hicks) I worry that you're going to come early.

Friday, December 22 - 32w, 1d
Good appointment today, Brother. :) Four weeks ago you were measuring small/normal in the 16th percentile. Today, you were measuring in the 37th percentile! You're weight was estimated to be about 4lbs 3oz - up almost two pounds from four weeks ago. I'm so proud of how well you're growing! No wonder I'm starting to feel huge and uncomfortable. I know that ultrasounds aren't always the most accurate, but it's reassuring to see you growing so well.

Tuesday, December 26 - 32w, 5d
We've made it through Christmas and I am so ready for you to be here! My plan for today is to get all of Anna's new toys put away so we can start taking down the Christmas decorations. I feel like it's Baby Crunch Time and finally time to focus on getting your room finished. Daddy has to put up the moulding, finish your rocking chair, put up your shelves, assemble your crib...and then I think we can finally start organizing your room. I can't wait to get in your closet and pull everything out. I've been itching to organize for months, and now that Christmas is over, there's nothing else in the way.

Thursday, December 28 - 33 weeks
One more week of winter break. Christmas decorations and toys are all put away. Daddy started working on the crown and moulding in your rom. He also started reorganizing the basement a bit so he can put all of the extra stuff from your room into the basement. Slow and steady....we're getting there.

The last few days I've been really concerned about catching the flu when I go back to school. I've seen so many people posting on FB about catching the flu and how they've never felt worse - it makes me nervous to go back to school. I'm worried that I'll catch it and need to take several days off work and possibly end up in the hospital. I can't really afford to get sick right now, plus I barely have enough sick days available for maternity leave, let alone sick time before you arrive. Yesterday, Anna and I had to run a bunch of errands, and I ended up wearing my mask in all of the stores because I was afraid to catch someone else's germs. I wish I could quarantine myself for the rest of your pregnancy to make sure that both of us remain healthy! I'm going to ask the doctor today if I can have some TamiFlu to keep on hand in case I start feeling crumby over the next few weeks.

Saturday, December 30 - 33w, 2d
Your appointment on Thursday went well. You were moving, practicing your breathing and had a good level of fluid. Every week from here on out, they'll be checking those things through an ultrasound until you're born. I'll also be getting weekly non-stress tests, where they'll monitor your movements, heart rate and if I'm having any contractions and how you react to them. My first one is on Monday. You'll be measured in another two or three weeks, but at the rate you're growing, I'm guessing you're going to be bigger than Anna was when she was born.

No comments:

Post a Comment