Thursday, January 18, 2018

34 & 35 Weeks


Thursday, January 4 - 34 weeks
You're keeping me on my toes, little one! Last night I was having several contractions - but I don't think these were quite the real deal as they were more up high and not down low or super painful. I probably had about 8-10 over the course of two or three hours. I made sure to sit, take it easy and try to drink more. I didn't notice any overnight while I was sleeping, but I've had a few again this morning. It's been hard to tell, this morning, if it's your positioning or if they're Braxton Hicks, so I'm going to try to stay hydrated today.

Today was supposed to be our first day back with students after winter break, but we're off for a "cold day" because the wind chills are expected to get around -20 degrees today. Anna and I are enjoying another day off together and will be heading to my MFM appointment this afternoon. I'll be sure to tell them about the contractions (or whatever they are) I've been having over the last 12ish hours. I don't think it means you're coming just yet, but it sure is getting me excited for that day! It's exciting to finally be at the point in my pregnancy where delivery (although still considered premature) would result in a tiny, but healthy little baby.

Daddy has been amazing and working on your room a lot lately! All that's left is hanging your new blinds, painting the baseboards, finishing your rocking chair and assembling the crib! Then I can organize, wash and put things away!!! Your room is so cute! I love walking past it because it is finally starting to look like a little boy's room. I love the colors so far and I can't wait until everything is finally together.

Update after appointment: Our appointment went well today. You are head down and booty up, and look completely squished. You were moving well, practicing your breathing and still have a good amount of fluid.

Your big toe is in your eye! About a minute before this, your big toe was in the other eye. 
I asked the tech if I could speak to the doctor before I left because I wanted to talk about the contractions from last night. She didn't seem too concerned and said it's to be expected at this point in pregnancy, especially because it's my second pregnancy. She said I'm likely going to feel them more and as long as I don't have them regularly for an hour, I should be good to go. She offered to check my cervix and told me that it's still closed, it's starting to thin out and it's still intact, so nothing to worry about there. As always, if things change, she told me not to hesitate to come in, but there was no cause for concern today.

Sunday, January 7 - 34w, 3d
We had a nice visit with Chris and Sammi this weekend before all of the school and Masters craziness sets in next week. After they left, Daddy assembled your crib and I did two loads of your laundry!! I have been dying to get things out of your closet and organized, and today I was able to make a dent in that - it was so nice! Anna and I also assembled your pack n play, so that's in the living room ready to go. All of your newborn clothes are washed and put away (although I'm sure I'll rearrange them a million times before you're here). Your crib has a nice new, clean sheet, your cranky blankie and two little sock monkey stuffed animals in it. Daddy still needs to put one more coat of sealer (maybe?) on your dresser, so that's not 100% ready yet, but it looks really good! Your rocking chair needs a cushion and we have some things to hang on the wall. Your room finally looks like a baby room and I'm so excited.  We also need to install your car seat in the car and I'd like to pack our hospital bags soon - hopefully this week.
It's still extremely surreal that you'll be here so soon. It's exciting to think about, to see your stuff out and to organize all of your clothes, but I still don't think the reality of it has hit me completely. It's like it's too good to be true that you'll be a part of our family within the next month.

Saturday, January 13 - 35w, 2d
We're just about a month away from your due date and things are finally starting to get ready around the house! Daddy finished the last coat of sealer on your dresser today. We bought some 3M things to hang up the map in your room. I packed your diaper bag for the hospital and started packing my own bag. I'm hoping I can convince Daddy to install your car seat in my car tomorrow. I also purchased a second base for Daddy's car today, should be here by Tuesday. Now if only we can settle on a name for you!!

Monday, January 15 - 35w, 4d
ONE MONTH away from your due date!
I was supposed to have a non-stress test on the labor & delivery floor this afternoon, but decided to cancel it due to the snow, wind and cold temperatures. I really didn't want to drive in that, especially having to bring Anna along. I figured since Brother's moving really well and I haven't had any issues, skipping one NST wouldn't be a big deal. The lady on the phone from the hospital was really nice about it and understanding. While I was on the phone, I decided I better pre-register at the hospital for birth. This should cut down on the paperwork and information I have to give whenever we do finally go to the hospital when I'm in labor.
Daddy also hung a couple things in your room today and finished your dresser. Now I can put your clothes where I want them and start pulling more stuff out of your closet. Your hospital bag is packed and mine is in progress. All that's really left is installing the car seat. :)

1 comment:

  1. The room looks amazing and I am so happy to hear you and baby are doing well!

    ReplyDelete