Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Still Waiting

I just wanted to give a quick update on my interview that took place a couple weeks ago because I've been asked about it a lot. The interview was on May 5th and I was supposed to hear something by May 11th, but I didn't get a phone call, email or letter indicating whether or not I got a job. On the 11th though, I was contacted by my current principal who was called by the interviewing principal because she is one of my references. Since then, I have not heard anything from the principal, but I know that I am/was one of eight people considered for the three positions. I have no idea what is going on right now and don't really know what to do. I don't want to contact the principal because I don't know what I would say. I know that she has a tough decision to make, so I don't want to feel like I'm bugging her -- I feel like she'll contact me when she's ready, I know how crazy busy principals can get.

In the meantime, I have had two other interviews, so that's kept me busy. Last Friday, the 13th, I had an interview in the same school district as the first one, but at the junior high school for a sixth grade math and science position. I actually answered the same scripted questions as my other interview, so I wasn't really caught off guard by any weird questions. I am supposed to hear something, either way, by the end of this week.

The third interview I had was just this afternoon. It was again, two hours away, but for a different school district, and surprisingly, the SAME questions. I am really getting to be a pro at these questions....I think! I was a little mad that I drove down two hours to answer the same questions because every time I've interviewed they have been recorded. I wish they would actually share them with each other! Oh well...not much I can do about that. This interview was with two principals from different elementary schools in the district and it was just a screening interview (which just means they're interviewing a bunch of people to see who they are actually interested in and who they are going to weed out). I was told to call the district office in a couple of days to see if I made it into the pool of candidates. If I did, then all administrators in the district will be able to view my interview and can call me in to interview with them.

So again, it's just a matter of waiting for that call. Hoping I answered the questions the way they wanted, that I impressed them enough in that 20-30 minutes of awkward questioning that they'll ask me back for another interview, or if I get really lucky, offer me a job. I will definitely keep you posted as soon as I hear something! Thanks to everyone who's been sending their positive thoughts and well wishes my way! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment