Saturday, May 14, 2011

Life

Recently, I've been noticing how different my life is from people my age. I am twenty-two, graduated from college, looking for a permanent full-time job, married and thinking about having kids in the near future. Not many people my age, some even in their late twenties, are at this place in their life. We are the first married couple out of all of our friends and I can think of only one other couple that we hang out with that's engaged. We're all at such different points in our lives right now, it's a little weird sometimes. Tim and I are starting to think about where we're going to live and settle down, and our friends are just graduating college and maybe going back to live with their parents. Sometimes when I hang out with my friends, all we talk about is our jobs because pretty much all of my friends are in education. :) I don't mind talking about work with them, because I love my job, but at the same time I don't feel like we have much else in common at this time in our lives. Some of my friends are maybe just beginning new relationships or not even thinking about getting married right now, so I don't think anyone can really relate to us being married and thinking about having kids.

When I say all of this, I don't mean it as a bad thing, it's just something I've noticed over the past couple months. I don't want to change anything in my life right now, I absolutely love being married and where we are in our life. We also have great friends who support us and still want to hang out with an 'old married couple'! It'll just be interesting to see how things go over the next couple years if we have to move for a job, or we start having kids, how our lives and friendships are going to change. I'm excited because I think the next few years of our life are going to have some major changes and can't wait to see where life takes us. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment