Tuesday, November 8, 2011

100 and 5th

Today marks the 100th day in a row that I've done my vest (twice a day) and all of my nebulizers!!! Today also marks the fifth week that I've gone to the gym, two days a week! I am very proud of myself to reach these accomplishments, but I really look forward to continuing and making those numbers larger. I never thought the day would come where I'd say that I've done all of my treatments for over three months straight! I am also looking forward to my next CF clinic appointment which is December 23rd to see where my PFTs are at. My last clinic appointment was in August, and I was at 100% compliance for about three weeks at that point, so my PFTs weren't as great as I wanted them to be - even though they did go up a tad. I really hope that they have skyrocketed by the time I get tested in December.
A year ago, if you would have asked me how I would physically feel after being compliant with my vest/nebs for 100 days, I would have probably said something along the lines of having the best lung function I've had in a long time. Although I do feel great from doing all of my treatments, I don't think I felt much of a difference until I started going to the gym. I really feel like doing all of my treatments AND going to the gym has made me feel even better. I wish it hadn't taken me this long to figure this out!!! I've read it and heard it millions of times, but I was always too lazy to get up and exercise. I'm SO GLAD I finally pushed myself because I really feel like it's paying off with my lung function, and also my overall energy level.

So the moral of the story.... treatments + exercise = happy, healthy me!

 +

=

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That is a huge accomplishment! Keep up the hard work! You are helping to motivate me to do the same!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job! I am so happy you're on a positive track and I know your next clinic appt. will be awesome. Even if it's not as high as you hoped, it's more about how you FEEL - not the numbers! My docs always told me that. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woot woot!! I am SO PROUD of you cyster :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats girl!! Running=secret medicine to success!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for the kind words and encouragement! I'm glad that I am able to motivate you Kayla! :-)

    ReplyDelete