Thursday, March 7, 2013

Positive Thoughts Thursday

Sometimes I feel like I use this blog to vent/complain about things going on in my life, and I don't want to continue with all of that negativity. So each week I'm compiling a list of positive, happy, lucky, fortunate things that are going on in my life or anywhere in the world.
Our green eggs!

  • We're celebrating Dr. Seuss week at my school and it's been so fun! Tomorrow one of the other kindergarten teachers and I are going to be dressing up as Thing One and Thing Two, and her assistant will be dressing up as Cat in the Hat. So far I've read all of these Dr. Seuss books to my kids this week: Hop On Pop, Fox in Socks, One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish, Ten Apples Up On Top (complete with a full math lesson), Green Eggs and Ham, Mr. Brown Can Moo! Can You?, The Lorax, Put Me in the Zoo. Tomorrow we'll be reading Cat in the Hat and Cat in the Hat Comes Back, and any other Dr. Seuss books we haven't been able to get to this week. We've also watched several short videos and today we watched Horton Hears A Who! We've also completed many other Dr. Seuss related activities. It is so fun to teach from these books instead of the standard curriculum! :-)
  • Wednesday was Green Eggs & Ham day in our class, so I made green eggs and ham (ham stayed pink) for the kids to try. I only had two students say they didn't like it - one didn't even try them. They were so amazed that they still tasted like yellow eggs! It was hilarious! After they devoured the food, they had to write "I do (not) like green eggs and ham."
  • This past weekend we got together with Tim's family and celebrated his great-grandma's 99th birthday! :-) She's such a nice, funny lady and I love being around her. She amazes me because she's totally with-it and still lives on her own!!



Family picture from the birthday party -- notice our two adorable nephews
and one more on the way! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment