Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Kalydeco Update

I've had a few people ask me if I've started taking my Kalydeco yet and sadly the answer is still, no. I got a call from the pharmacy last Wednesday telling me that I was approved and to set up delivery. We set it up to come the following day, Thursday. Well later Wednesday afternoon, I got a call back from the pharmacy telling me they "didn't have any in stock" and wouldn't for another week, so we rescheduled to have it arrive the following Wednesday (tomorrow). Then, I got another call this morning telling me that they needed to reschedule delivery again, for Friday (hopefully), because apparently they're on back order or something - the lady on the phone wasn't very specific. Needless to say, I'm a little annoyed. Vertex and the pharmacy are not making a good first impression right now. I called Vertex this evening when I got home from work to see what the hold-up is, but they were already closed so I left a message. I'm hoping I'll hear back from them tomorrow and get some answers. And I'm really hoping I can start taking this medication this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment