Thursday, August 1, 2013

A Day in the Life: Chapter One

I am SO excited to finally share this with you!!!! I've hinted at something coming up for a while now and I can finally share this wonderful experience with you! I was approached at the beginning of this year by the people at CF Living because they were looking for a "fresh face" for 2013. Someone had referred me to them, which I found so inspiring. After several phone interviews, they came out one weekend in April to film Tim and I discussing our lives with CF. I am so proud and happy that Tim was willing to do this with me! I feel it's so important to get his perspective, not just mine, because really it's something he has to deal with, too. 
I cannot believe the amazing amount of feedback there's been from the video since CF Living released it one week ago. The video has had over 300 likes, over 140 shares and over 50 comments! And that's just off of the one posted by CF Living! I've seen fellow CFers, co-workers, friends, family and people I don't even know, share the video on their Facebook & Twitter pages, which I appreciate so much - the more awareness of Cystic Fibrosis, the better!!! 
I never thought I'd have the opportunity to be a part of something like this, and when the chance came up there was NO way I could turn it down! THIS is exactly what I was looking for when I was going through my teenage years when I didn't want to accept CF as a part of my life. To read all of the comments about how I'm 'inspiring', 'motivating', calling me a 'role model', telling me that I 'give them hope' it's an unbelievably amazing feeling! 

I can't wait until the next four chapters (Work Life, Routine & Goals, Marriage & Family, and Exercise & Nutrition) are out because they each touch on their own subject and I think they'll spark a lot of great conversations. 

So without further ado, if you haven't seen it yet, or you'd like to watch it again, here's Chapter One: Meet Colleen.

A Day in the Life: Chapter 1, Meet Colleen

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Sharing over at my blog. I know how much this means because like you I went through a long period of time that I could not accept CF so going so public with it is a huge deal. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much. As a Mum of a baby with CF this gives me real hope. I'd be very happy and proud if she grew up with the same attitude as you.

    Well done and keep well xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rock star! I'm so proud of you. This is flippin' awesome and I can't wait to watch the next chapter's. Did I tell you how much your ROCK ;-)

    ReplyDelete