Monday, November 11, 2013

It Got Me

I've been bit by the exercise bug once again! Yesterday's climb has motivated me to keep exercising! So this morning I went out for my first run (aka: slow jog) since Brett's Run in June. I went about a mile and a half, switching between slowly jogging and walking while hacking up a lung. It felt wonderful!


Here's my next goal: 
The Rock CF Rivers Half Marathon, 5K Run/Walk in Grosse Ile, Michigan (I'll be doing the 5K, not the half).

This race is put together by the lovely Emily Schaller who created the Rock CF Foundation (where I got the awesome shirt I wore during the CLIMB yesterday) and also has CF. She's been one of many CF motivators for me and I'd LOVE to run a CF fundraising specific 5K, and meet her! I'm looking for anyone who's willing to make the road trip with me. It's not until March 30th, so we've all got time to prepare and train. I'm serious. I want to go! And, if you have CF, you can sign up for free. :) There are going to be people coming from all over the country to run this and I'd love to be a part of that - now who's with me?!

2 comments:

  1. Where did you find your motivation? In the past few years, I have found it very difficult to get back on track, exercise-wise. I used to be a gym rat, but now, it seems like there's always something that makes me feel crappy enough to keep me from taking that first step. I KNOW once I'm doing it, I love it, but that first step....the hardest part!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Therapink - I actually lost my motivation for almost a year! I was really good about exercising (mostly running) last year, but once we moved and it started getting cold, I started slacking.

      I got an email from the CFF about the CLIMB and thought it might be fun to try (not realizing how difficult it was going to be), so I signed my husband and I up on a whim. After doing the CLIMB, and physically challenging myself beyond what I thought I could do, I realized how much I missed that feeling!

      So my suggestion to you would be, sign up for something to hold yourself accountable! Whether its a 5K, a class at the gym, etc. That way you have something to look forward to, a goal to accomplish and something to motivate you along the way. I really feel like goal-setting really helps me stay motivated.

      Thanks for reading! :)

      Delete