Saturday, November 23, 2013

Thankful November, Week 4

Each day in November, I'm taking the time to post something that I'm thankful for - no matter how big or small - then I'm posting them at the end of the week. Click these links to see week 1, week 2, and week 3.

17) Today I'm extra thankful for the roof over our head! There were a lot of severe storms that tore through the Midwest today, and thankfully they stayed clear of our town and house.

18) Pandora radio - sounds silly and insignificant, but I love it. I don't want to have to pay iTunes a dollar per song to download (legally). I love that I can change the station depending on my mood (ie: Michael Buble Christmas - I'll have to bust that one out soon...after Thanksgiving!) and that it introduces me to new songs. If you haven't caught on - I love listening to music! :-)

19) I'm very happy to be done taking my Cipro! Although I'm still not feeling 100% (I need to get better about doing extra treatments), I'm just glad that I'm not taking Cipro anymore. I am also happy to report that this was the first time, that I can remember, that it didn't give me huge tummy troubles! I'm wondering if that's because I'm now taking daily probiotics....which leads me into tomorrow's post.

20) I'm super thankful that someone created probiotics!!! They've completely changed my life! I am no longer extremely gassy and/or bloated daily....or ever! I feel like a "normal" person as far as that's all concerned! I now go to the bathroom once...did you read that CFers, ONCE a day and feel SO much better! If you are not taking them, I strongly  recommend talking to your doctor about what benefits they could have for you!

21) Modern Medicine/Research - I'd probably be dead if it weren't for all of the advances in medicine and research today. I know that sounds terrible, but it's true. If I were born with CF 50 years ago, pretty much all of the medication I take wouldn't be around. I'm very, very lucky and thankful to have access to the medications, and team of wonderful doctors and nurses, that I need.

22) I'm thankful for a night out. I'm not usually one to go out much, I tend to be a home-body, but I'm glad I went out tonight with some teacher friends. We had a lot of laughs and a great time. :-)

23) Today I'm especially thankful to have heat! With it being about 30 degrees today, I'm very glad that we have that luxury. And congrats to my cyster, Megan, who ran her first 5K today in this terrible weather!! So proud of you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment