Monday, August 4, 2014

I'm Going To Miss This

After carrying our daughter around for over 38 weeks, I know that I am going to miss being pregnant. Of course, I have been so lucky to have an "easy" pregnancy, which makes it even harder. These are the things that I think I'm going to miss the most about being pregnant with our sweet little girl:
  • Being "the pregnant one" - From the moment I found out that I was pregnant, I wanted to shout it out to the world! I wanted everyone to know what we had finally accomplished after three long years, that I was pregnant! Of course, who doesn't mind the cute smiles from passing elderly women or people asking how far along I was. I love being pregnant!
  • I'll miss feeling you move inside me. I have cherished every kick, jab, roll, hiccup, and full body stretch over the last five months. People probably thought I was a little silly for constantly having my hands on my belly, but I never wanted to miss a movement. The best part was feeling you for the first times! I'll never forget that! They were just between you and I because they weren't strong enough to feel from the outside. I felt like it was our special connection and it really helped me bond with you.
  • And going along with that, of course I'm going to miss watching all of your crazy acrobatics from the outside as your slowly grew bigger and ran out of room! It was fun to share your movements with people and to see their reactions when my belly would suddenly shift or morph into crazy shapes and positions. The best was when you would make a big movement out of no where - there were so many times that I would say "woah" when you caught me off guard and then Daddy and I would watch in anticipation of what you'd do next!
  • I have loved the anticipation and excitement of doctors appointments and ultrasounds. Being high-risk meant lots of doctor appointments for me and lots of ultrasounds for you. It's been absolutely amazing watching you grow inside me from the size of a poppy seed to a, now, pumpkin! Learning about your development each week and then seeing how much you'd change monthly, then weekly, through the ultrasounds has been fantastic. You've always been on the small side, but you're growing just as you should, and I know that you'll always be our little peanut.
We watched you go from this:
6 weeks, 4 days

To this:
37 weeks, 3 days

Even though I know I am going to miss all of those things, these are the ones I am looking forward to the most:
  • The title of mom. I have always wanted to be a mother and you'll be making that dream come true within the next couple of days or weeks. And I know that Daddy feels the same way. After waiting three years to finally see those two pink lines, the reality that we're going to be parents in a matter of days is still unbelievable at times, but we could not be more excited!
  • You're going to have the best Dad ever! I know that he already loves you SO much and is already protective of you. :) He's such a strong but gentle and loving man, and I know that you'll have him wrapped around your tiny fingers in no time!
  • I can't wait to hold you, smell your cute little baby smell, look into your eyes, rock you to sleep, cuddle with you a little too much, count your little fingers and toes, and to watch your Daddy do all the same.
  • I can't wait to watch you learn, grow and develop. I'm excited to see what kind of personality you'll have. Will you be more laid back and go-with-the-flow like Daddy, or always wanting a plan like Mommy? Will you love being outdoors or be a homebody? Will you love sports, be a bookworm or maybe a little of both? Whatever you decide, I know it'll perfectly fit you.
  • I can't wait to introduce you to everyone, take you on walks, read to you, play with you, laugh with you, teach you to ride a bike.
  • I cannot wait to be your mom. I hope that I can be the best role model for you, teach you to be a respectful, responsible and confident person. I hope that you can come to me in times of need and I promise to be there for you forever!  

No comments:

Post a Comment