Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Pros & Cons of Pregnancy - 3rd Trimester

I created a pros/cons list for my first two trimesters of pregnancy to help me remember my pregnancy - to read it, please click here. Here's my list for the last trimester.

Pros
  • Your movements are hysterical! Since you're getting bigger, you're doing more body rolls and stretches which morph my belly into very funny and unusual shapes!
  • No swelling, heart burn, or extreme fatigue.
  • I still have enough energy to go walking almost everyday for 30-45 minutes. This also gives me something to look forward to each day.
  • Weekly doctor appointments also give me something to look forward to each week. I love seeing you on the ultrasound each week and see how much you're growing and how squished you really are!
  • Sleep! Thankfully I've still been able to sleep well each night! As I get further along, it's getting increasingly uncomfortable to stay on one side for a long period of time and to roll over, but luckily I'm able to fall back asleep quickly after the process of rolling or having to pee a couple times a night.
  • Lung function: Despite my awful weekend over 4th of July (see below), at 36 weeks, my FEV1 was 83%!! That's back to my pre-pregnancy baseline lung function! Thank you Cayston & thank you, Baby Girl, for giving Mommy's lungs some relief.
  • Nesting: I've been nesting basically since I stopped working at the end of May, but due to that, I've been way on top of things. The floors are vacuumed several times a week, everything is ready in your room (except your crib because Daddy's been working outside), hospital bags are packed & ready to go, your car seat bases have been in both vehicles since 35 weeks...there's not much left for me to do. :)

Cons
  • It's going by so slow and I'm bored out of my mind!! It's so hard sitting around all summer just waiting for you. I know I shouldn't complain because I've had a ton of time to prepare for you, but I am so anxious to finally have you here, that by 33 weeks, there wasn't much left to do!
  • Bathroom & gas issues. This started towards the end of my second trimester and hasn't really gone away. I added one extra enzyme every time I eat, which helped for about a week... I guess it's just something I'll have to deal with until you're finally out. I'm guessing it has to do with how much room you're taking up and how you're probably squishing my intestines and pancreas.
  • Discomfort & Exhaustion - over 4th of July weekend (34 weeks) I went through a fever, headache, shortness of breath, and chest soreness & tightness. It felt like I was hit by a truck that weekend, especially because it came out of nowhere and came on so fast. Thankfully with a few doses of Tylenol and lots of rest, it slowly went away over the next week, but that's what happens when you're carrying an almost 5lb baby around all the time apparently.
  • Weight loss: Due to the bathroom issues described above, I've actually lost around 3-4 pounds this trimester. Thankfully you're still growing well, but I worry what my weight is going to be after delivery.

No comments:

Post a Comment