Saturday, April 23, 2011

Busy

A lot has been going on in the past couple of weeks. We finally got our sublease taken care of! It was a lot of back and forth between the person who was taking it over, but it got finalized this morning. Even though they were 40 minutes late (huge pet peeve of mine!), everything was signed and the keys were handed over! We now only have one HEALTHY place to live and one rent payment to worry about. :-)
We've also been doing a lot of work around the house lately, trying to get settled in. We did a little bit of yard work, but mostly worked inside. Shelves have gone up, more boxes have been unpacked and as of yesterday, we started painting. Our landlord said that we can pretty much do whatever we want in the house (as long as we don't paint the walls black), so we are pretty lucky. We painted the living room yesterday and are planning on painting the bedroom and office/dining room soon. It was a lot more work than I thought it was going to be yesterday, but the living room looks great; we both really like it!

In other news, I have my first job interview this coming Friday. I am very excited, but also very nervous because I've never interviewed before and this could be the only interview I get for a job for the fall. The school that I am interviewing at is about two hours away from where we are living, so that definitely has increased discussion between Tim and I. We finally found a place to live that we both really like, that we're settling into, and then I get an interview two hours away. I applied in that area because a lot of Tim's family lives near there and I thought I would just widen my search for a job - not thinking I'd actually get an interview! But just because I have an interview, doesn't mean that I am going to be offered the job. I don't know how many people they are interviewing, or if this is even just a screening process, so we'll see. I'll hopefully know more next weekend after my interview. Wish me luck!
Health-wise, I haven't been feeling the greatest lately. The week after the Great Strides walk, the temperature dropped and the following weekend it was snowing! I don't really know if weather changes can have an affect on my health, but it definitely seems like it. It started off as a stuffy nose and some congestion, and I thought maybe just my allergies were acting up because of the crazy weather, but over the past few days it's turned into a nasty cough producing really thick mucus, thicker than usual (the joys of CF) that is very hard to get out. I just started an antibiotic yesterday so hopefully that will help soon. I've also been getting a lot of it out with the help of my treatments. The job of one of my nebulizers is to loosen the mucus and the other is to make it a little thinner so it's easier to get out. I have a doctors appointment scheduled for Thursday, so I will be able to see how much my lungs have been affected by all of this. Hopefully my lung function hasn't gone down too much so that I can work to get it back after this bug is gone.
I think that's about all that's going on with us lately. It's been a busy couple of weeks and there's a lot going on in the upcoming weeks as well. I'll be keeping you updated as things come about. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment