Monday, April 11, 2011

Success!

The first annual Great Strides in DeKalb was a complete success on Saturday! The weather was beautiful, there were more than 130 people there, and we surpassed our fundraising goal by over $4,000! The DeKalb Great Strides site raised over $19,000!!! I am so excited that I got to be such a huge part of the planning process and it was fun to see it all come together so well. I had so many family members, friends and co-workers out there to support me on Saturday, it felt great. :)
Here are some pictures from the event:

Registration & t-shirt table - everyone getting ready before the start

Tim (my husband) and Chris hanging out

Part of Team Veitengruber - Tim's family :)


I did the opening comments, thanked the sponsors and teams. Then I
gave a quick little speech about myself before counting down to start walking.


Along the route

Aunt Linda & her work friend Claudia

Grandma & Aunt Shirley coming to the finish! :)

My brother and I (can't believe he's almost as tall as me!)

Part of Colleen's Friends & Family with Team Veitengruber
Thanks so much for all of your support everyone!!!

Pointing to me - I'm the reason they're all here! :)
Supportive staff from my work!
Thanks for coming out everyone! :)

It was such a fun day! One more huge THANK YOU to everyone who came out and showed their support, and to those who donated. I can't wait to do it again next year! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment