Thursday, February 21, 2013

Positive Thoughts Thursday

Sometimes I feel like I use this blog to vent/complain about things going on in my life, and I don't want to continue with all of that negativity. So each week I'm compiling a list of positive, happy, lucky, fortunate things that are going on in my life, or anywhere in the world.

  • Four day weekends are wonderful!
  • Even more wonderful is when my class votes to have a pajama day on the day we come back from that four day weekend!
  • 352 days and counting for 100% compliance with all treatments and medication! :)
  • I finally went running light jogging over my four day weekend. We have a complementary YMCA membership for a few months through my job, so I finally took advantage of it on Friday. I met one of my teacher-friends there and we walked the track for ~45 minutes, ran for ~10-15 minutes and walked for another 20 minutes or so. It felt so nice to start running again, even if I could barely keep it up for 10-15 minutes. I still haven't signed up for the 5k in March because I'm not sure that I'll be ready for it, but I think I just need to sign up and suck it up on the day of the run!
  • Twenty-three people have replied "Going" to my Facebook Great Strides event! I really hope that those 23 people do show up and also do some fundraising. If each person raised $100, we'd already be at $2,300! 
  • I was talking to a cyster last night who was going through a rough time and I gave her this advice, "You need to see yourself as a normal person. CF is just something that you have to deal with everyday - not something that controls the direction of your life." I realized that this is how I've been staying so positive, and I feel like people in the CF community (especially those who are struggling) should try to keep in mind. I'm proud of myself for coming up with such an insightful quote. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment