Beware: There's one TMI post....don't say I didn't warn you. This is CF: The good, the bad, and the ugly (gross).
- I'm excited about a possible upcoming opportunity for me to help spread/raise awareness about CF with the help of some people in the CF community. :) I don't have a lot of information yet, but I will update when I learn more.
- TMI: In the last ~36 hrs, I've gone #2 once! I know this may sound absolutely ridiculous if you don't know me or about CF, but to me this IS positive news!! Less bathroom trips = more absorption = weight gain. I recently (Feb 1st) switched my enzymes to Zenpep and I think that was a good choice. I was losing weight and having absorption issues lately, so I really hope this is the solution.
- I'm learning how to control my sugars. I've completely changed my breakfast routine (again if you know me, you don't mess with my food - so this was a big deal for me) and its helped keep my blood sugars from dropping so quickly in the morning. I can now make it to lunch, even if I don't get my snack in, without having low blood sugars.
- I'm also learning that I can't eat an entire box of mac & cheese in one sitting because it makes my sugars go a little crazy (high). I also can't eat a crap load of pasta in one sitting for the same reason. I'm really trying to work on less carbs per meal and more protein and snacks throughout my day. Some days are easier than others, but it's a work in progress.
- And because I don't talk enough about my job: We are officially counting down the days "until we are in first grade" in my classroom! Since we counted up to 100, we're now counting down for the rest of the year (we started at 70). We created a paper chain and we remove a link each day. I cannot believe how fast this year is flying by.
- One of my coworkers told me the other day that my class fits my personality and I could not agree more. They are well-behaved (most of the time), so fun to be around, say and do hilarious and ridiculous things, get a little too loud sometimes, and love snack-time ;). I just love them and I'm a little sad that I only have 68 more days until they move on to first grade.