Monday, December 19, 2016

Anna & Antibiotics

Things have been a bit crazy around here and if you've been following along, you know that we're expecting some new arrivals (that's right, there's two!!) this spring! I'll post much more about that later, but I wanted to post a little happy thought today.

Anna, Tim and I have been sick for the last week. It started with me last Monday, and of course I'm still going. Then Anna started on Wednesday/Thursday, and Tim on Friday/Saturday. This weekend was difficult because we spent it celebrating Christmas with Tim's side do the family, but none of us were at 100%. Thankfully today we all got a "sick" day. School was canceled last night due to the icy roads and very cold temperatures. Tim didn't have to work today either because his dad wasn't feeling the best. It's been nice having a recovery day. 

This morning when Anna work up, though, her poor little eyes were full of green gunk. Whatever is going on in her sinuses had started coming out of her eyes - poor baby! I decided to get her in to see the doctor today to see what was going on since she didn't seem to be getting much better. Turns out one of her ears was quite red inside which the doctor thought could be bacterial. So, Anna is now on her first round of antibiotics and eye drops (those are not fun). 

My happy thought is that I am so proud that she has been able to go this long without being sick and needing antibiotics! I really do attribute it to her being breastfed for the first 13 months of her life. She's also been watched by Tim's fabulous grandma, which has kept her away from a daycare setting, but she's still around a couple other kids. I'm just so happy that she's been able to stay so healthy, and I hope the trend continues as she gets older. 

As for the two little ones coming this May/June, I definitely plan on nursing them as well. Although I know it'll be much more difficult than it was with Anna, I think the benefits are absolutely worth it. 

*Not bashing formula-fed babies, just proud of my body & how I feel it has kept Anna healthy*

No comments:

Post a Comment