Thursday, March 27, 2014

19 Weeks

Monday, March 24 - 19w, 3d
This month has flown by! This week you're the size of a large tomato or mango, and you're going through a ton of sensory development in your brain. Some apps say that you can hear my voice now, although others said you could a couple weeks ago. Either way, I can't wait to start building your library so we can keep reading to you. Your arms and legs are now proportional to each other and the rest of your body. You're also beginning to grow your hair on your scalp and eyebrows.

Saturday, I went to a bridal shower for Becky, and everyone was so excited to see my little belly with you! Grandma and Grandpa were, of course, super excited, too. Grandma even got you a couple little outfits and a little blankie with a rattle...but Archie's claiming it for now. He'll keep it warm for you. :-)


While I was at the baby shower, daddy was busy at home working on your room. The last step, and biggest, before we can start actually putting your room together, is to refinish the floors. Daddy didn't want to do this while I was home because the fumes are pretty bad. Here's what it looks like after the first coat. :)

Yesterday, your daddy applied another coat to your bedroom floor, and then we left for the day to do your last registry at Babies R Us. We still want to add a couple more little things that we couldn't find to the Target one, but for the most part, we're done with them. It's amazing how much 'stuff' you're going to need, but we couldn't be more excited! We're already only a month away from the first shower which is going to be put on by my awesome coworkers.
After we finished up at Babies R Us, we got some lunch then I spotted a Carter's store! That was dangerous! Everything in the store was 50% off because they were having a Spring Sale and it was so hard to not buy every single thing in the store, it was all so cute!! I've been telling Daddy that I wasn't going to buy anything for you until after our showers, but yesterday I just couldn't resist....and either could Daddy! Originally, Daddy tried to limit me to only buying one thing, but soon started picking out things too and we compromised with four. :)
I hope you're able to fit into this before it gets too chilly outside!
Otherwise I'll just put some pants underneath :)
Here's the other side :)
Daddy picked this one out & it goes with the hat below.
I could not resist this ADORABLE dress!!! I'm sure you'll probably wear
it only once, but it is just so cute!
We picked this out for you for when we go camping! 
It's reversible & goes with the cute little outfit Daddy picked out :)
After we went crazy in Carter's, we went to Lumber Liquidators (for Daddy) to check our prices for hardwood flooring for the kitchen. We finished the evening at Menards picking out hardwood floors which we special ordered and will eventually put in the kitchen. After we got back from our full day of activities, I think I felt a few more of your little flutters when we were going through all of your stuff. Over the past week or so, I've been feeling tiny, weird feelings in my belly at random times, but I have no idea what it is - it feels like if someone where flicking me from the inside! It's very hard to distinguish if its just my tummy rumbling or if it's your little movements. I try to explain what they feel like to Daddy, and he just thinks I'm crazy! He thinks that I'm feeling you, but I'm still not 100% convinced yet. I'm looking forward to the next couple weeks when hopefully those feelings will become more distinct, stronger, and more frequent.

Last night, I hung up the additions to your wardrobe in our room -- you have quite the collection already!
The top row is stuff that Daddy & I have bought for you.
The bottom row are gifts - the super cute purple & teal outfits are
from Auntie Catie and the rest is from Grandma.
March 26 - 19w, 5d
I just have to add that for the past four days, I've had very stable blood sugars - my highest has been 120! (Fasting is supposed to be under 100 & two hours post meal should be under 120) I'm very proud of myself for really watching my diet and keeping them safe and stable for you! I hope I'm able to keep this up for the rest of the pregnancy. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment