Thursday, March 6, 2014

Positive Thoughts Thursday

It's been way  too long since I have done one of these!!
  • I finally received my Tobi in the mail today (for anyone keeping track, its been almost a month now... gotta love insurance)!!! I'll be starting my 28 day cycle this evening and am really looking forward to how I'm going to feel when it's done. I think the sinus rinses, Kalydeco and Tobi are just what I need to clear up whatever the heck I've got going on right now. Although I have to add, I'm feeling slightly less sinus-y than I did a week ago. :)
  • I also received a phone call today setting up my first round of Cayston. This is another inhaled neb which I will alternate with Tobi to help keep my lungs clear. According to my doctor, typically insurance doesn't like when CFers are on both (even though they're alternating months and never on both at the same time), but it doesn't sound like my insurance is putting up a fight...thank goodness!  I know many CFers who prefer Cayston over Tobi, so I'm curious to see how it works for me.
  • I logged into Facebook this evening while doing my treatments and saw that my blog has been ranked 17th in the Top 35 Cystic Fibrosis blogs (check out my new award on the right)!! How cool is that?! I know that I've been slacking lately, but I really appreciate the constant support & comments from my readers. I hope to be spreading awareness and information about what it's like to live with CF - especially that it's not the end of the world!! I can still Live, Laugh, Love, Breathe & Be Happy! :)
  • This Sunday, we'll be celebrating Tim's great-grandma's 100th birthday!! Her official birthday is tomorrow, and we usually celebrate her birthday the first weekend in March, but this year she pushed
    it back a week because she didn't want to celebrate her 100th without being 100 - didn't want to jinx herself! :) The picture on the right was from when we went camping (yes, she goes every year) this past September. She is one of the funniest and sweetest ladies I have ever met and I am privileged to be a part of her 100th birthday celebration on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment