Monday, September 9, 2013

Feel the Love

This weekend, Tim and I attended the wedding of our very good friends, Jessie & Jeremy. I have never seen more love and happiness between a couple, it was just amazing to sense their positive energy and love for each other on Saturday. I met Jessie when I was a junior in college, in the education program. I noticed that she was wearing a Great Strides shirt and thought to myself, "You don't wear a Great Strides shirt, unless you know someone with CF. I wonder how she knows about CF?" So I went right up to her and asked her about it and she told me that her boyfriend, Jeremy had CF. Since then, we've been great friends! It's amazing how much more there is to talk about with someone when CF is a common factor. Plus, it was so interesting to me to see the "CF spouse" side of things in their relationship.

While Jessie and I were doing our student teaching our senior year of college, we actually rented apartments in the same building, right across the hall from one another. It was awesome to be able to see her and Jeremy all the time and hang out! Jessie stood up in my wedding as a bridesmaid when I got married right after we graduated college, and then of course we both went our separate ways to become teachers. Throughout the years after college, we kept in touch and saw each other not as much as we'd like to, but that's what happens in life. I was so excited when I found out they were engaged!

Jessie and Jeremy have been through some hard times together since sometimes Jeremy isn't in the best of health, but she loves him to death and sticks by his side anytime he has to go into the hospital for a tune-up, or is just having a rough day. Jeremy is a great guy and the way he adoringly looks at Jessie is just the sweetest thing I've ever seen. The same was true at their wedding this weekend. Jeremy is currently on oxygen 24/7, but that didn't stop him from dancing with his beautiful bride (MUCH better than many couples during their first dance), and Jessie was right there with him all night to help him out if he needed anything. Seriously, the love between these two is amazing. Here are a couple cute pictures from the night:

Jeremy saying his vows
Jessie saying her vows
Ring vows they said together - absolutely adorable!
First dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment