Wednesday, September 11, 2013

How I'm Feeling

Today counts as day 13 of Kalydeco, can't believe tomorrow will be two weeks already. This morning I am FULL of mucus and my dixie cup is filling up quickly as I'm finishing up my treatments right now. I feel like I'm getting a lot of stuff up, but this morning it feels like it's really deep down in there and it's taking a lot of effort to get it out each time I cough - it's literally making me sweat!
Speaking of sweat, it's been unusually hot for this time of year and our school does not have air conditioning, so it's been super disgusting at work. Yesterday, we dismissed the students an hour early due to the heat, but today we're going back to a full day even though it's going to be the same temperature as yesterday. Yesterday I had a continuous headache throughout the day, but I really contribute that to the heat, not Kalydeco. Also, Monday and Tuesday, I had several very deep, mucusy coughs throughout the day. I feel like I'm really clearing my lungs over the past few days, more so than I was when I first started Kalydeco.

*Update from evening treatment - I had several deep, hard-to-get-up coughs this morning at work, but that definitely slowed down this afternoon. My bottom of my cup is just barely filled after my second treatment today, but that's not unusual for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment