This is copied from Andy Lipman, a 38 year old CFer at "I Have CF but It Will Never Have Me":
Top 10 ways to stay positive:
1. Some people view failures as negative consequences of trying and not
succeeding…I view them as learning experiences.
2. Some people view having a disease as being a victim. I see it as being a survivor or even a fighter.
3. Some people say they struggle with their disease. I say I battle my disease.
4. Some people say life is unfair. I am grateful to be living.
5. Some people define living as breathing. I define it as much more than that.
6. Some people think losing is the worst thing that can happen to someone. I think it’s quitting that is far worse.
7. Some people think a disease steals your normalcy. I believe that it brings you an opportunity to make a difference.
8. Some people view depression as a negative. I view a failure to act against depression as a negative.
9. Some people view mistakes as daggers. I view them as opportunities to learn.
10. Some people have a disease. I will never let my disease have me.
Now go kick some ass!
I just really loved this post when I read it on his page and had to share it with my readers! :)