Friday, January 4, 2013

Positive Thoughts Thursday

Yes, I realize it's not Thursday, but this is something I want to start this year -- it just took me a little bit to figure out what I wanted to call it.
Sometimes I feel like I use this blog to vent/complain about things going on in my life, and I don't want to continue with all of that negativity. So each week I'm going to compile a list of positive, happy, lucky, fortunate things that are going on in my life, or anywhere in the world. Here's my first list:

  • I am very lucky to have access to amazing health care professionals to help me with my CF and now CFRD, to keep me in tip top shape.
  • I loved having the past two weeks off of work. I was able to sleep in a lot, spend some time with Tim, clean the house, read some books and most of all: relax! 
  • This week I talked to my awesome friend, Catie, about life. I love having such a wonderful, supportive friend. :-)
  • Tim and I started exercising together this week. I want to gain some muscle weight and Tim is working on being healthier. Its been fun doing the work outs together and encouraging each other to be healthy. 

3 comments:

  1. Hey Colleen!! I really really like this idea positive post. My blogs have been negative at times but its life sometimes. Friends are so key in life I am glad you have someone you can talk about life with!! I hope your belly is feeling better. Take care my FRIEND!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love positive posts! It's so easy to get bogged down with all of the crappy things that go with cystic fibrosis! Great plan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe it's totally healthy to vent every now and then, but sometimes people do get a little too caught up in the negative things. That being said - I would NEVER think of you as one of those people! :) Even still, great post and great idea!

    ReplyDelete