Friday, February 28, 2014

14 Weeks

Thursday, February 20th

Today is the last day of my 14th week and its starting to feel much more real. My belly is becoming more obvious and we were able to see you again today at your ultrasound. Your heartbeat was 150bpm and we were able to see your arm & leg bones, your spine, kidneys and bladder.

I'm also pleased to know that you are healthy! We had the Harmony screening done (blood test) to check to see if you were at a higher risk for Downs, Trisomy 13, Trisomy 18 and Turner's syndrome. The results came in on Tuesday and everything looked great. You are not at any higher risk for any of those things. Daddy and I were also able to find out what you are because they could tell from your DNA!!! We're not sharing with everyone until March birthdays, so that Aunt Katrina and I can share together. Your sex was confirmed today during your ultrasound, too, so it's for sure. :-)

I've gained about a pound since my last ultrasound which puts my total weight gain at 3 pounds so far. Today the doctor said I should gain 25-30 pounds this pregnancy... I'll try my best! Health-wise, I've been feeling pretty junky. The last week or two, I feel like my lungs have flooded with mucus and I've been coughing a lot. I feel like this is how I should have felt when I stopped Kalydeco in December, but it's just now catching up with me. My MFM and CF doctors are fine with me starting Tobi, so I should be starting that within the next few days and really hope that helps get all of this crap out. I also have my CF appointment next week, so I'm curious (and a little nervous) to see my lung function, but so excited for everyone to see my belly and your adorable pictures!

Here are a few of your pictures from today!



No comments:

Post a Comment