Saturday, January 21, 2012

30 Days of Blogging: Day 3

Day 3 - Your idea of the perfect first date

Probably not a picture that  you
 would think of to go with this blog
title! :-)
Well, I don't think I'm going to be on another first date again, so I'm going to direct this post a different direction a little bit. Tim and I met when I was a brand new freshman in college - meaning about the third week into my college career. The first time we met was in my door room when my roommate and I invited some people over. We went to a few parties together after that, but our first official date (a double date) was to see the movie Jackass Number Two together - which told us a lot about each others' sense of humor! I don't remember what we did after, I don't think we went to dinner or anything, I think the four of us just all hung out back in a dorm room or something. Since both of us didn't have cars and we were poor college students, a lot of our 'dates' were located in the dorm dining halls! :-)

But the best date that I can remember was definitely our first Valentine's Day! Tim wouldn't tell me where we were going, how fancy/casual to dress or how we were getting there, so I pretty much had no idea what was going on. We had been dating for about four months at this point, so we were still in that beginning getting-to-know-you stage so I had no idea what he was planning. So on the night of Valentine's day I was in my dorm room trying to figure out what to wear - didn't want to overdress if we were going somewhere casual, didn't want to under-dress if we were going somewhere fancy (I don't think he realized how much I was stressing over what to wear!!). So finally he calls me and says that he's downstairs in the lobby waiting for me. I go downstairs and there he is with his black pants, gray tucked in shirt, and black tie carrying red roses for me! It was the sweetest thing ever! We went outside and his friend Torry decided to be awesome that night, (and his two friends were in the car, too, which at first I thought was weird) and drive us to the other side of town to the cutest little Italian restaurant where Tim and I had dinner. While we were at dinner, Torry and the two guys drove around until we called her and said we were done. They came and picked us up and then the five of us went to Steak 'n Shake to have milkshakes together.

It was so much fun, and so sweet at the same time. So I guess my idea of the perfect date would be a little surprise, a little romance, and a little fun/friends all mixed together. (And flowers - I love getting flowers - hint, hint Tim) :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment