Thursday, February 2, 2012

30 Days of Blogging: Day 15

Day 15 - Something you don't leave the house without

My enzymes! I can't eat without these because they digest my food for me. Every once in a while I forget if I've taken my enzymes before I eat because it becomes so automatic - you'd think I'd remember, but sometimes I feel like an old person when I'm half way through my meal and I think, "Oh no! Did I take my enzymes?!" Haha. Then usually I just take a couple more to be on the safe side. If I forget to take my enzymes, especially with a high-fat/calorie meal, I'll have pretty severe stomach pains and a trip to the bathroom (sorry, but it's true). So I'd rather take a couple extra than none at all!
I started swallowing my enzymes when I was three or four, but before that my mom had to open the capsule and mix the contents into applesauce so I could take them. I also used to swallow them one at a time for the longest time, but now I take up to six at one time. I take more enzymes with bigger, fattier meals. My mom would always use a little film canister (the black ones with the gray or black lid) to carry my enzymes in her purse. When I was in high school, I used to leave bottles of enzymes at my friends' houses in case I ever forgot to bring some or ran out. So if you ever see me popping pills (especially if it's right before I eat), I'm not on drugs - illegally - I'm just taking my enzymes so I can digest my food. :-)

1 comment:

  1. That is definitely something you don't want to leave at home. Also, I gave you a fun award on my blog. Here is the link :) http://kayla-onebreath.blogspot.com/2012/02/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete