Friday, February 17, 2012

30 Days of Blogging: Day 30

Day 30 - A photo of yourself plus 3 good things that happened within the last 30 days

It's really hard to smile when you have a neb in your mouth!

  1. Kalydeco!!! I could go on and on about how amazing this advancement is, but I know I've blogged about it before. I cannot wait for the day that I get to start taking this. I'm going to talk to my doctor about it my next clinic visit in the beginning of March!!!
  2. Great Strides planning! I've ordered 36 shirts for my family team and there are about 20 people signed up from work! This is the most support I've ever had and I'm so thankful for each and every person who plans to spend the day walking for an amazing cause! :-)
  3. I'm getting closer and closer to my goal of being able to run a 5K. I'm nowhere near being able to run all 3 miles without stopping, but I'm slowly training my lungs and legs to handle the distance. I just wish they'd work together all the time; most of the time my legs are killing me long before my lungs (not a bad thing for my lungs!) and sometimes it's the other way around. Today, it's supposed to be 48 degrees and fairly sunny, so I'm going to take advantage of that and try to complete a 5K outside using a combination of walking and running. I'll update later, or sometime this weekend about how it went. Wish me luck!
This is has been a fun little blog challenge, but I'm kind of glad it's at the end. I'm ready to get back to regular blog posts. Hope you enjoyed learning all of these random things about me. :-)

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the dedication and doing all the posts! It was interesting to read them all, even if I didn't always comment! I'm excited to hear about your continued progress toward a 5k :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with Kalydeco! I have an appointment in early March as well and I'm going to discuss it with my team. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Felt like I was looking into a mirror when I opened this post....vest on, neb in mouth, and earbuds!

    ReplyDelete