Friday, February 3, 2012

My First Blog Award

My awesome blogging buddy, Kayla, recognized me for this Liebster Blog Award the other day. Liebster is German for 'dearest' or 'favorite'. I thought that was so awesome to receive a cute little award for blogging about my life, and that someone likes my blog enough to recognize it, so thanks again, Kayla! Kayla is a 24 year old CFer from Tennessee who also has a degree in Elementary Education, and graduated in 2010 -- weird, huh? So I love reading her blog because our lives are so similar, I love to see what she's up to - she recently just increased her PFTs by 9%!!!. You can read her blog here. :-)

So here are the rules for the Liebster Blog Award:
1) Acknowledge the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them. (Check)
2) Give this award to 5 other bloggers who have fewer than 200 readers. Let them know through a comment on their blog. (Check - below)
3) Post this wonderful award on your blog. (Check!)
4) Bask in the glory bestowed upon you and appreciate all the amazing bloggers out there. (Okay!)


Without further ado, here are the bloggers that I have chosen to pass the award onto:

1) I Have CF. So What?! - I met Lauren through CysticLife, I believe, or maybe another CF online group, I honestly don't remember anymore. She's definitely the one who inspired me to write my own blog and I don't know that I've ever thanked her for that, so THANKS LAUREN! Your blog is so inspirational to everyone, not just CFers. You go girl, keep up all of your hard work!! :-)
2) Breathing Deeply, Laughing Loudly, and Living Fully - I met Megan through CysticLife, she has a degree in education, is married to a teacher, and it turns out she only lives a little over an hour away from me and we go to the same CF clinic! (I love the internet!) We are at very similar places in our lives right now and we talk all the time. She's an amazing person and I'd love to meet her one day, as long as we stay three feet away! :)
3) Inhaling Hope - Inhaling Hope is another great friend from CysticLife in her 20s with CF and recently pregnant! She is currently working in a school (notice all of the education connections) while blogging about what it's like to have CF and be pregnant. I love reading all of her posts because she's not afraid to leave out any details - it's wonderful. Can't wait to see your Peanut!
4) My Life as a Livingston - Jenny is a mom, wife, step-mom and a CFer - woo! I love reading about how she deals with her CF and two girls and just life in general. She's also a person I found through CysticLife.
5) So Much For the Plan - I honestly don't remember how I came across Young Grasshopper's blog, but I instantly added it to my favorites! She's a recently diagnosed CFer and if that's not enough change in her life, she has five month old triplets!!

Each of these ladies has been an inspiration in my life in one way or another and I look forward to all of their new blog posts! It's wonderful to know that there are other people in the world that are going/have gone through through similar things as me, or are experiencing things that I hope to experience one day myself. If you've got some time, I strongly suggest checking out each of their stories.

3 comments:

  1. Well thank you, Colleen! You're so sweet! I'm incredibly flattered, and I'll definitely be following through with this in the next few days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally honored to be on this list. Thank you so much. I will be posting this in the next day or two! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woooh! Thanks a million. My first award! I will be posting as well pretty soon.

    ReplyDelete