Sunday, February 12, 2012

30 Days of Blogging: Day 25

Day 25 - Five of your favorite movies/books
Since I've already named several of my favorite movies here, I'm going to focus this one on my favorite books.

Robyn's Book is written by Robyn Miller who had CF and was born in 1964. This is an autobiography of her life and what it was like to live then with CF. It's pretty powerful and emotional, but I highly recommend it. Tim got me the book for Christmas several years ago, and I'm thinking I need to read it again because it's been awhile. I'm willing to lend it to anyone who'd like to to read it.






This is probably the best series I've ever read! The books are so well-written and so detailed! I cannot believe that one person could come up with all of this! I've read all of the books and I've seen all of the movies, and the books blow the movies out of the water! Highly recommend these books to anyone, any age.

The Guardian is written by Nicholas Sparks, but it's not his typical 'chick flick' style writing in this one, which is why it's my absolute favorite by him. It still has the love story in it, but it has an element of suspense which his other books don't have.






Something Borrowed is a total 'chick flick' book written by Emily Giffin. It was turned into a movie, which I never saw because it looked really cheesy. I really enjoy Giffin's writing style and I think I've read almost all of her books. Other books she's written include: Something Blue (sequel to Something Borrowed), Love the One You're With, and Heart of the Matter.





I know I'll probably get a lot of criticism for these, but I don't care. They're nothing compared to the movies, at all! I know they're definite chick books, and probably meant for 14 year old girls, but so what. I've read them all (twice) and I really enjoyed them. They're very easy reads but addicting. As far as the books go, I'm Team Edward. As far as the movies go, I'm Team Jacob...in case you were wondering! 

Right now I'm currently reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and I'm about 100 pages into it. After I finish the three books in the series, I'm planning on reading the Hunger Games Trilogy. Any other great books that I should read, please let me know - I'm going to need something to do this summer!

4 comments:

  1. You should sign up for an account with Goodreads! You can keep track of what you've read, and write reviews and give ratings. It lets you connect with other readers and see what they're reading, and also it gives you recommendations based on what you like!! It is the bomb dot com!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Hunger Games are amazing I loved them! I love anything by Nicholas Sparks, but his newest one really disappointed me :( If you haven't read Jodi Picoults books you should check her out, she is a great author that writes about thought provoking topics. I never jumped on the Harry Potter wagon, probably because when they came to be I was taking care of a newborn with no time for reading! Also never read the the Twilght books, love the movies though. I am going to search for Robyn's Book on my kindle tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill - I'll definitely be checking out that website! Sounds awesome, thanks.

    Jamie - If you love the Twilight movies, you'll definitely love the books! Don't know if you'll be able to find Robyn's Book on your Kindle, but I hope you do - I know the Twilight books are on there. I have read many books by Jodi Picoult and I really enjoyed them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't on my kindle, but I did find it on amazon in paperback, I'm going to order it! I have thought about reading the Twilight books, I've just been reading so much other stuff right now!

      Delete