Sunday, February 5, 2012

30 Days of Blogging: Day 18

Day 18 - Five things that irritate you
I'm apologizing in advance because it's so long, but I have to explain why these things irritate me.

1) Smoking (of any kind) - I've blogged about this before, but this is something that really irritates me. Now I have a couple friends who smoke, so it's not like I won't talk to someone because they smoke, but it still really drives me crazy that they still do it!
-You were born with a beautiful set of healthy, clear lungs to keep you healthy and last you your entire life. I was born with diseased, mucus-clogged lungs that might only last me thirty, forty or maybe fifty years, then hope that I can get a new pair before they completely fail me.
-You take your healthy lungs for granted and breathe in, by choice, harmful toxins and God-knows what else because you think your cool, or because it makes you feel good, or whatever your reason may be. I do at least an hour of breathing treatments a day and exercise regularly just to keep my lungs from deteriorating any faster.
-Your lungs still could last you until you're in your sixties, seventies or beyond, where you'll still end up with cancer and have to go through some pretty rough treatments, and you might still smoke...My lungs steadily decline while the amount of treatments I do will increase. Eventually I may need a lung (maybe double) transplant where I face the possibility of dying before receiving a transplant, or get another three-ten years out of my new lungs before rejection takes over. Hmm...see why this is a little irritating to me? I know this sounds harsh, but it's the way I see it and it's something I feel very strongly about. Maybe I should have put this in my 'passionate' post.

2) Parents who don't parent, leaving me (the education staff) to deal with their disrespectful children - Since I work in a school, I deal with all different types of children that come from many different backgrounds. It just kills me to see children as young as five who can be so disrespectful. Now before I go too far, all I'm going to say is if you're going to have a child, raise it! Take responsibility! You are the parent, not the teachers/school staff. Sure your children might hate you right now because you're making them do something they don't like, but they'll learn (even if it's years down the road) that it's because you care about them. I gave my parents a heck of a time with my treatments and all that, but looking back I know it was because they were trying to keep me healthy. Don't try to be their friend - you're not! That's why you're called the parent!

3) Changes in my eating routine - Yes, you'll probably think I'm crazy when I explain this to you, but it's true. I get very irritable/crabby when my meal routine is thrown off or when I'm hungry. I have to have cereal or oatmeal every work-day morning for breakfast. If I don't eat, it messes with my blood sugar around 9:30 or 10:00am (I don't have diabetes). If we don't have milk in the fridge, I get uneasy because I like to drink milk with every meal just about. I'm really weird about making sure that my husband and I have equal amounts of food when he makes dinner. I have no idea why I'm like this - the only thing I can think of is because I don't like feeling hungry. Ask my husband about this one and I guarantee you he'll sigh and roll his eyes!

4) When people misuse the words 'your' and 'you're' and spell 'definitely' wrong - Especially when they're education majors/teachers!!! Let me show you the correct way so you know for future reference:
Tonight we are going to your house. Your - it belongs to you
You never told me when you're (you are) coming over. You're - contraction of 'you' and 'are'
Definitely = definite + ly
And just for extra clarity:
The car is over there. There - a place
Their house is blue. Their - it belongs to them
They're in the blue house. They're = contraction of 'they' and 'are'

5) When a really good song comes on the radio right when you have to get out of the car - This one isn't as annoying and intense as the others, but it is one of those things that drives me a little crazy. I love music, as I've mentioned in many posts, and it can really set/change the mood for my day. Usually if I can spare the three minutes, I'll sit in the car and listen to it really loud!

2 comments:

  1. I love these. All 5 of them irritate me as well, actually!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please also add 'Lose' and 'Loose'. I don't know why, but it realllllly irritates me! I also have a friend that says, "I seen that!". Man, I am terribly picky about grammar. I call my hubby out on it a lot, and I know I shouldn't, but I can't HELP MYSELF! He blames it on auto-correct. =)

    ReplyDelete