Tuesday, May 28, 2013

CF Awareness Month Blog #28 - What NOT To Say


  • "Have another cigarette!" or anything else linking our cough to smoking....trust me, I know we'd all give anything to not have the smokers cough.
  • "Must be nice to have to gain weight." (see comment below)
  • "Must be nice to be able to eat whatever you want." I've blogged about this before, but it's not about eating whatever you want. Yes I need to consume a large amount of calories, but if I put crap into my body, then I'm going to feel like crap, and I am going to crap! haha
  • "You're so skinny!" or "I wish I was as skinny as you." These bother me only because people don't realize my life-long struggle to not be so darn skinny and malnurished. 
  • "The Vest looks fun." Try being hooked up to it for at least an hour a day, and while you're shaking, you're coughing your brains out....SO fun!
  • Anything that has to do with our bathroom habits!!! WE CAN'T HELP IT!
That's about all that I can think of. I hope some fellow CFers will add a few! And it's one thing to say these to me without knowledge of my CF, but it's most annoying when it comes out of the mouths of people who know what I'm going through and just don't think before they make a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment